Sunday 16 November 2014

Butterfly - Riaan 'JePro' Davids

One beautiful butterfly just died
Don't ask me why
One innocent soul had to say goodbye
Asking why
Was she a victim of a crime
Or was it just her time
Is she happy at the place she's at now
Or is she in agony in hell
It’s believed her life here was a living hell
Day in and day out she shed her tears
A never ending story
At night she first cried herself a river
Before her body gave her rest
But came dawn she wake up and mourn
She was an object of scorn
A mockery 24 seven
Her age only eleven
Let’s pray and hope she’s in heaven
The words of a tormented mom
Missing her baby girl
Reminiscing of better days
Just to be reminded that her angel was ripped from her life
Every time she step out of the door
Her baby was found at the entrance lying on the floor
Blood flowing from her wrists
A note next to her reading

‘I am sorry mommy
Daddy left you and now me
You thought everything was fine
But every day I smiled for you mommy
A burden for you I did not want to be
Adding to your tears I could not do
But mommy this is not because of you
Every day I woke up and had to depend on you
Needed your strength, needed your love
But every day, mommy, never ending
Hatred, ridicule and hate speech is what I had to face
Why was I ever born mommy?
Why did god make me deformed?
Why only me, why was I not part of the norm?
I love you mommy, do not cry for me’

You see, she was born different
But her life shouldn’t have
She was part of this human race
But felt misplaced
She is one of many
I’m not asking you to spend a penny
I just ask you to have a heart filled with love
Treat them with kindness and show them love
Make them feel like they belong
In their weakness show them your strength
Just remember this could be your child one day
Do not wait for someday
Be that change today

No comments:

Post a Comment