Sunday 22 July 2012

A Poet's Wish (his voice - his letter) - Riaan 'JePro' Davids

To whom this is intended...

Words that are meant to be uttered verbally, are being communicated via the print medium...

Some might say this is Romantic, while others will see differently, thinking this is (I might agree) utterly cowardliness... But I would like to think this is assurance... Assuring that what my mind processed after hearing my heart's case, are fully and completely expressed - the best way I know how.

This might take the form of a letter, but in essence this is me telling you what's on my mind. Why not tell you this in person? Well, I know myself and through experience I didn't wanted to set myself up for a disappointment... If I would have done this in your presence I would have only said half of what I intend to and in this way I won't be thrown off by your Beautiful mind interrupting me (I admit, with valid questions or points you would want to rise)... 

All I can ask is that you won't judge me and make your opinion about me, by the way I choose to convey that which I'm about to say (in written form). In the end it's not how I say it, but what I'm saying that's important.
The Meaning of the words does not differ from one medium to the other. The description of the words remains the same when you consult a dictionary.

So forget about your surroundings
What I'm about to do is astounding
Expressing myself with some rhyming
And within this poem you shall find me
My thoughts upon this sheet
Words that will knock you off your feet
Each and every line unique
Making your heart skip a beat
Don't get me wrong
I'm not demanding
I see a woman nothing less than strong
Her heart she might be defending
What this is, is a poem within a letter
But honestly, doest this really matter
One thing I do realise
My Dreams are vulnerable
If it gets scattered it won't be a surprise
Still I will walk away honourable

I'll give you the key to unlock the door 
As you walk in you'll see it's you I adore
It will be written on the walls and floor
If there was still space I would write more
The ceiling is kept clean
Representing the Purity within me
If I could only make you see
And in the process make you believe
What might and could be
When both of us open heartedly receive

Will you join me on this beautiful journey?
A road mapped out with our lives
We can explore the endless possibilities
But we must do this willingly
Through my eyes you will have to go
The key point to reach my soul
Looking into your eyes just to show
Bringing us closer together is my goal

What I'm trying to say to you
And what I'm dreaming to do
Are two things coming together as one 
Hopefully you won't have an urge to run
Seeing that there is room for fun
"Ek smaak jou met n Passion
Dis soema Goed jy study Fashion..."
This is a quote
From a poem that I wrote
That's the way I feel...
Just wanting to keep it real

You're Unbelievable...
Incredible...
And more...
Way more...
But what am I telling you this for
You already know this unquestionable truth
You make me stand in Awe
And I like you a lot that's for sure!
I wish the way you feel about me is the same
This poem I'm writing is not for fame
And if I'm trying to enthuse you
Am I really to blame?
And I refuse to be ashamed
This process is yet to be named

No comments:

Post a Comment