Friday 1 January 2016

Change - Riaan 'JePro' Davids

It's a new year, it's my brand new start...
But that should not be the case.
It's a new me, the beginning of change, and it should  not have to be a new year resolution; awaiting for the final countdown into a new year.
Waiting for a new year to chance will be an inevitable endless cycle. A rollercoaster of emotions. An emotion based decision that will be altered with the next flood of emotions.

It's a brand new me. The beginning of change within. It just happens to be the start of a new year; and what a way to start this year. Marking a pivotal point in my life. My change has nothing to do with the hype of new year, but everything to do with what's within me. This new year however was the cause of me thinking about these things, with the evidence of past years gone. How history played off and how a world system are fooling itself with the same old thing. Year after year.

I am ready for change. A brand new heart, a clean and pure loving heart. A renewed mind giving birth to a sweet loving soul. A body that is not perfect but will be in shape; 'cause who has the right to decide what's perfect? Saying skinny or slim bodies are perfect and the rest are not.

But I will not fool myself in believing I can do this all by myself. Only the One who formed me and knows me completely can bring about change. So this year, I am giving myself to my Lord and Saviour. This day, I surrender my all to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God who gave His only begotten son, Jesus (Yeshua) (fully God and fully man) to die on the cross and who rose again and are now seated at the right hand of God. I give myself over to the workings of the Holy Spirit; giving total control and full permission to do what needs to be done. Every aspect of my life is in the hands of the Almighty God. My ABBA Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment