Tuesday 13 October 2015

time to speak out - Riaan 'JePro' Davids

things i haven't said, i am saying now, things laying on my heart is about to come out, dreams that was so far hidden will be revealed, all the hurt and pain will be exposed and music about all of this will be composed, a poet's journey and his journal on the streets for all to see, no more hiding behind the scenes, the naked truth like ripping off the sheets, laying there vulnerable, grown man crying there's nothing honourable, a lie that comes from generation to generation, a real man don't cry, don't show his emotions

all these years the pen was my voice, the ink my emotions, putting what i feel on paper, hoping anyone can relate, poetry was always my platform, my stage, but at times the mic was taken out off my hands, and i've been silent and none knew what i really feel, walking around with a fake smile, drowning my sorrows in laughter

but it's time to speak out, taking back my voice, speaking the way i know, in written form

this is me coming back on the scene, expect more written word like these...

No comments:

Post a Comment