Wednesday 14 October 2015

the pen missed me - Riaan 'JePro' Davids

i haven't picked up the pen for a while,
must be 'coz i haven't smiled in a while,
poetry is my language and voice in written form,
at times an escape from the storm.

i haven't written a poem for quite some time,
most of my latest works over the years had to rhyme,
lyrically flowing over one's lips,
being very careful not to trip.

rhythm and poetry an art form known as rap,
the type of music you won't play if you want to take a nap,
with an upbeat that will make you move you feet,
how powerful is a few words written on a piece of sheet.

this poem i wrote over a couple days,
where i normally would finish a piece the very same day,
must be that inspiration kicked in and then left,
but now i'm finishing off from where i've left.

let me rather conclude,
put another line here as a substitute,
replacing what actually want to say,
and share my heart on another distant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment